Manglik Or Kuja Dosh
When mars is located in first house, fourth, seventh, eighth or twelfth house in the lagan horoscope or from Moon, the horoscope is said to have “Mangalik or Kuja Dosh”. Some astrologers even consider Mangal Dosh from the Venus placement in the horoscope also.
Is Mangal Dosh a drawback for Marriage/Married life?
Mars under the Dristhi affects the 4th, 7th & 8th house from the house in which it is placed. Mars is a planet which represents fire, electricity, weapons, aggression, high energy, fight, accident etc.
In case a Mangal or kuja dosh is there in a horoscope, depending on a position of the Mars in the horoscope is going to effect at least 4 of following houses. Please understand, these are macro guidelines; hence the decision shall be taken after due diligence and discussion with experts.
- 1st house represents the personality of the person; hence person may be very short tempered.
- 2nd house is about the wealth, also indicates the family of the person & because is also the 8th house from 7th house indicating death of the married life or business in partnership. So there is a strong possibility of disputes with the close circle i.e. spouse partners due to aggressive behaviors.
- 3rd house represents siblings of a person, verbal communication skills, voice, achievements of the person. Hence mars might create tensions among siblings, person may be very rude & arrogant in speaking, might hurt others quite often & may suffer more failures than successes.
- 4th house represents the home, vehicles, hence there is a possibility of problems associated with house & vehicle e.g. accident due to fire, chemicals, electricity etc.
- 6th house indicates diseases, thefts due to servants, maternal uncle etc…person is likely to have diseases caused due to acidity, hyper tension, blood diseases etc
- 7th house represents the Marital Life, spouse & business in partnership, hence there is a possibility of turbulent married life, spouse may be of very hot tempered nature, loss in partnership etc.
- 8th house represents death, sudden material gains etc., hence there are a possibility of fatal accident to the person.
- 10th house represents career, father, sleep etc., hence there is a chances of frequent changes/disturbances in the career, sleep disorder, differences with father or even early death of father etc.
- 11th house indicates the monetary gains in life; therefore there are large chances of losses due to accidents, theft etc.
- 12th house indicates the spending nature of the person. Hence person may be of over spending nature.
Under what circumstances the “Mangal Dosh” is CANCELLED in individual horoscope?
Reading the above horoscope if we go, about 50% of the horoscopes shall get into one or the other category. Does it mean, that these are tough to sail with people and one shall not get married to. The answer is NO.
There are number of combinations, which result into the cancellation of the Kuja or Mangal or Mars Dosha in a horoscope, i.e.
- If mars is “Neech” i.e. in Cancer
- If mars is in the enemy house i.e. in Gemini or Virgo
- If mars is near Sun.
- If mars is in Aries in 1st house
- If mars is in Scorpion in 4th house
- If mars is in Capricorn in 7th house
- If mars is in Leo in 8th house
- If mars is in Sagittarius in 12th house.
- If mars is in 4th House except in case of Libra and Taurus or Aries or Scorpio
- If mars is in 8th House except in case of Sagittarius and Pisces or Virgo and Capricorn.
- If the Mars is in 1, 4, 8,12 and is the moveable house
- If Mars is in 4,7,8, or 12 and is in combination with Jupiter or Mercury.
Under what circumstances the “Mangal Dosh” is CANCELLED in Spouse Compatibility Check (in the horoscope of the boy & girl)?
- If both have the presence of Kuja Dosh
- If the Mahadasha of Mars is already passed
- If the Mahadasha of Mars is not coming or comes in the later stage of life
- If Saturn is in 1st, 4th, 7th, 8th or 12th house.
- If Saturn is affecting 7th house with ” 3rd or 10th Drishti”
- If Powerful Jupiter or Powerful Venus is placed in 1st house,Positive Side of Being a Manglik –
- Mars gives a high fighting spirit, which helps handling the worst of situations, and coming out, in working culture Mars helps handling stress.
- It teaches aggression which is important in accepting new challenges.
- Mangal Dosh will never have a lazy/lethargic person.
- It makes the person very enthusiastic/aggressive.
- Largely the person with be positive towards achievement of goals and will be busy in some or the other creativity.
- Mars teaches high discipline, good administration & decision-making.
- These are all the qualities absolutely necessary for any successful leader.